Last amended on September 21, 2020
Data Controller’s Contact Information:
Address: Bimi Boo Kids Learning Games for Toddlers FZ-LLC,
EO 15, Building 12, Dubai Internet City, Dubai, UAE
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‘NON-PERSONAL DATA’ is information that is in no way personally identifiable.
- ‘PERSONAL DATA’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified directly or indirectly by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person. PD is in many ways the same as Personally Identifiable Information (PII). However, PD is broader in scope and covers more data.
- ‘GDPR’ means the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679).
- ‘COPPA’ means the US Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule.
- ‘CCPA’ means the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.
Information we collect and how we collect it
When you use Bimi Boo, we may ask you to provide your personal data to us. For transparency purposes, we explain in detail what personal data we collect and have access to, the purposes for which we use them, and legal bases on which we rely when processing your personal data.
Personal data collected through Bimi Boo Kids Learning Academy
When you use the Bimi Boo application entitled “Bimi Boo Kids Learning Academy” (“KLA”), we collect your email address, name, and age. We use such data for the following purposes:
- To validate your age;
- To store your game progress;
- To maintain your user account;
- To allow you to play from multiple devices;
- To send promotional emails (if you consent to them); and
- To reply to support emails.
The legal bases that we rely on are “performing a contract with you”, “your consent” (for promotional emails), and “pursuing our legitimate business interests” (i.e., to ensure security, analyse and grow KLA).
When you use KLA downloaded from Google Play Store, we use our third-party analytics service provider Firebase (https://firebase.google.com) offered by Google LLC which automatically collects the following technical personal and non-personal data from you:
- IP address;
- Number of sessions;
- Session duration;
- Install source; and
We use such data to:
- Analyse the technical aspects of your use of KLA;
- Optimise KLA for your needs;
- Prevent fraud and abuse of KLA;
- Ensure the security of KLA; and
- Serve you relevant ads.
The legal basis that we rely on when processing the above-mentioned data is “pursuing our legitimate business interests” (i.e., to analyse, grow, and protect KLA).
Contact with us
When you contact us by email, we have access to your (i) name, (ii) email address, and (iii) any information that you decide to provide us in your message. We use your personal data to respond to your enquiries and provide you with the requested information. The legal bases that we rely on when processing such personal data are “pursuing our legitimate business interests” (i.e., to grow and promote Bimi Boo) and “your consent” (for optional personal data that you decide, at your sole discretion, to provide us).
When you subscribe for a newsletter, we collect your email address. We use your email address to deliver you the requested newsletters. The legal basis that we rely on when processing your email address is “your consent”.
By agreeing to accept our use of non-essential cookies, you are giving us and the third parties with which we partner permission to place, store, and access some or all the cookies described below on your device.
- Performance Cookies – These cookies collect information about the use of Bimi Boo, such as pages visited, traffic sources, users’ interests, content management, and other measurements.
- Functional Cookies – These cookies enable Bimi Boo to remember users’ choices, such as their language, usernames, and other choices while using Bimi Boo. They can also be used to deliver services, such as letting a user create a blog post, listen to audios, or watch videos on Bimi Boo.
- Session Cookies – These cookies allow Bimi Boo to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes, such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping cart as they browse Bimi Boo. Session cookies also permit users to be recognized as they navigate Bimi Boo so that any item or page changes they make are remembered from page to page. Session cookies expire after a browser session; they are not stored long term.
- Persistent Cookies – These cookies are stored on a user’s device between browser sessions, which allows the user’s preferences or actions across a website or across different websites to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for several purposes, including remembering users’ choices and preferences when using Bimi Boo or to target advertising to them.
- Identifying the areas of Bimi Boo that you have visited;
- Personalizing content that you see on Bimi Boo;
- Analysing your use of Bimi Boo;
- Remarketing our products or services to you;
- Remembering your preferences, settings, and login details;
- Targeted advertising and serving ads relevant to your interests;
- Allowing you to post comments; and
- Allowing you to share content with social networks.
The table below provides an overview of cookie used by us, including their types, purposes, and expiration time.
|__lc_cid __lc_cst||Third-party HTTP cookie||accounts.livechatinc.com||3 years||The cookie is necessary for the functionality of the website’s chat-box function.|
|rc::a||Third-party HTML cookie||google.com||Persistent||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots.|
|rc::b rc::c||Third-party HTML cookie||google.com||Session||This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots.|
|__lc2_cid __lc2_cst||Third-party HTTP cookie||accounts.livechatinc.com||3 years||The cookie stores a unique ID string for each chat-box session. This allows the website-support to see previous issue s and reconnect with the previous supporter.|
|__livechat||Third-party HTTP cookie||livechatinc.com||3 years||The cookie is used to hide the user’s personal customisation of LiveChat.|
|CASID||Third-party HTTP cookie||api.livechatinc.com||Session||Allows the website to recoqnise the visitor, in order to optimize the chat-box functionality.|
|_ga||First-party HTTP cookie||bimiboo.net||2 years||The cookie is used to set a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how you use Bimi Boo.|
|_gat||First-party HTTP cookie||bimiboo.net||1 day||The cookie is used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.|
|_gid||First-party HTTP cookie||bimiboo.net||1 day||The cookie is used to set a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how you use Bimi Boo.|
|_livechat_has_visited||Third-party HTML cookie||secure.livechatinc.com||Persistent||The cookie identifies the visitor across devices and visits, in order to optimize the chat-box function on the website.|
|collect||Third-party Pixel cookie||google-analytics.com||Session||The cookie is used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior. It Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.|
|NID||Third-party HTTP cookie||google.com||6 months||The cookie registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device. The ID is used for targeted ads.|
Disabling cookies. When we ask you to provide your consent to our use of non-essential cookies, you have the freedom not to provide such consent. If you would like to refuse our use of non-essential cookies, you can do it at any time by declining cookies in your browser or device. For more information, you can consult the cookie management instructions of your browser.
We may also use a technology called web beacons to collect general information about your use of Bimi Boo and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails. Web beacons also help us to understand your behaviour.
Refusal to Provide Your Personal Data
If you do not provide us with enough personal data when requested, we may not be able to provide you all our products and services. However, you can access and use some parts of Bimi Boo without giving us your personal data.
Sale of Personal Data and Successors
We do not sell your personal data to third parties and we do not intend to do so in the future.
If you never want your personal data sold or transferred, under any circumstances, you can make such a request by emailing us at: email@example.com telling us that you do not want to have any of your personal data sold. Please include enough personal data so that we can reasonably verify your identification. We will respond to your request within 60 days after receiving it.
Your Rights Under the GDPR and the CCPA
You may have some or all of the following rights:
- The Right to Be Informed – You have the right to be informed about the personal data that we collect from you and how we process them.
- The Right of Access – You have the right to get confirmation that your personal data are being processed and you have the ability to access your personal data.
- The Right to Rectification – You have the right to have your personal data corrected if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure (Right to Be Forgotten) – You have the right to request the removal or deletion of your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing them.
- The Right to Restrict Processing – You have the right to ‘block’ or restrict the processing of your personal data. When your personal data are restricted, we are permitted to store your data, but not to process them further.
- The Right to Object – You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for the following reasons:
- Processing was based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling)
- Direct marketing (including profiling)
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- Automated Individual Decision-Making and Profiling – You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects regarding you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Filing a Complaint with Authorities – You have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with the GDPR.
- Regulation. If the supervisory authorities fail to address your complaint properly, you may have the right to a judicial remedy.
Commercial Communications and Emails
When we communicate with you, we will use the email address you provided when you signed up for Bimi Boo. We will send you important informational and technical Bimi Boo-related notices to your email address. We may also send you emails with promotional information about Bimi Boo or offers from us or our affiliates if you have provided your prior consent to receive such commercial communication.
You can opt-out from receiving commercial communication at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our emails or by contacting us directly.
Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes. We may give your personal data to third-party service providers whom we hire to provide services on our behalf (our data processors). These third-party service providers include:
- Our hosting service provider Digital Ocean (https://www.digitalocean.com) located in the United States;
- Our newsletter service provider Mailchimp (https://mailchimp.com) located in the United States;
- Our analytics service provider Google Firebase (https://firebase.google.com) located in the United States; and
- Our independent contractors and consultants.
Legally Required Releases of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your personal data if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or governmental enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our terms and conditions; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties, including you and/or other users; or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of our company, users, employees, and affiliates.
Retaining and Destroying Your Personal Data
We retain information that we collect from you (including your personal data) only for as long as we need it for its intended purposes or other legal, business, or tax purposes (if we have a legal basis to keep it). Your information may be retained in electronic, paper, or a combination of both forms. When your information is no longer needed, we will securely destroy, delete, or erase it.
Protecting the Privacy Rights of Third Parties
If any postings you make on Bimi Boo contain information about third parties, you agree to make sure that you have permission to include that information. While we are not legally liable for the actions of our users, we will remove any postings about which we are notified, if such postings violate the privacy rights of others.
Do Not Track Settings
Some web browsers have settings that enable you to request that we do not track your movement within Bimi Boo. Bimi Boo does not obey such settings when transmitted to and detected by Bimi Boo. You can turn off tracking features and other security settings in your browser by referring to your browser’s user manual.
Links to Other Websites
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Our Security Policy
We have built Bimi Boo using industry-standard security measures and authentication tools to protect the security of your personal data. We and the third parties who provide services to us also maintain technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal data. Our security measures include secured networks, SSL protocol, strong passwords, limited access to your personal data by our staff, and anonymisation of personal data (when possible).
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee prevention of loss or misuse of your personal data or secure data transmission over the Internet because of its nature. We strongly urge you to protect any password you may have for Bimi Boo and not share it with anyone.
Transferring Personal Data from the EEA
The personal data that we collect from you may be stored, processed, and transferred among any countries in which we or our data processors operate. The European Union has not found the United States and some other countries to have an adequate level of protection of personal data under Article 45 of the GDPR. We rely on derogations for specific situations as defined in Article 49 of the GDPR. In case it is necessary to make such a transfer, we will make sure that the country in which the recipient third party is located guarantees an adequate level of protection for your personal data or we conclude an agreement with the respective third party that ensures such protection (e.g., a data processing agreement based pre-approved standard contractual clauses).
Address: Bimi Boo Kids Learning Games for Toddlers FZ-LLC, EO 15, Building 12, Dubai Internet City, Dubai, UAE
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org