Last amended on 23d of May 2022
Data Controller’s Contact Information:
Company: Bimi Boo Kids Learning Games for Toddlers FZ-LLC
Address: Bimi Boo Kids Learning Games for Toddlers 124, Floor 1, OQ 3, Building 5
Dubai Media City, Dubai, 73030, UAE
Email address: [email protected]
- ‘NON-PERSONAL DATA’ is information that is in no way personally identifiable.
- ‘PERSONAL DATA’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’), such as the data subject’s name, identification number, location data, or an online identifier. Personal data is in many ways the same as Personally Identifiable Information (PII). However, personal data is broader in scope and covers more data than PII.
- ‘GDPR’ means the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679).
- ‘CCPA’ means the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.
Information we collect and how we collect it
Personal data collected through the Apps
When you use the Apps, we collect your email address, name, and age. We use such data for the following purposes:
- To validate your age;
- To store your game progress;
- To register and maintain your user account;
- To allow you to play from multiple devices;
- To send promotional emails (if you consent to them); and
- To reply to your support emails, if you send us any.
We keep the data listed above until you stop using the Apps (e.g., uninstall the Apps).
In addition, we automatically collect certain information that is later used for re-engagement and re-attribution purposes. Please note that, although certain information (like your device ID) may be considered by certain laws personal data, such technical data does not allow us to identify you as an individual by any means and we do not intend to do so. The types of the technical information that we automatically collect through the Apps are mentioned below:
- Timestamps telling us when you install or first launch the App;
- Information about how you use the App;
- Your device ID;
- The URLs that you click on before accessing the App or later;
- Information sent by self-reporting networks like Facebook, Snapchat, and Google Ads;
- The ads that you click on or view; and
- Your other online behaviour data.
We use the technical information listed above to analyse your use of the Apps, find out how you find the Apps, examine the reasons that encourage you to install or delete the Apps, and track your online behaviour. We keep such data as long as it is necessary for its purposes, but no longer than 1 year.
The legal bases that we rely on when collecting and using your personal data are “performing a contract with you,” “your consent” (for promotional emails, marketing and advertising), and “pursuing our legitimate business interests” (i.e., to ensure the security of the Apps and our compliance with the applicable laws, as well as to analyse and grow the Apps).
When you use the Apps downloaded from Google Play Store, we use our third-party analytics service provider Firebase (https://firebase.google.com) offered by Google, which automatically collects the following technical personal and non-personal data from you:
- IP address;
- Number of sessions;
- Session duration;
- Install source; and
We use such data to:
- Analyse the technical aspects of your use of the Apps;
- Optimise the Apps for your needs;
- Prevent fraud and abuse of the Apps;
- Ensure the security of the Apps; and
- Serve you relevant ads.
We keep such data as long as it is necessary for its purposes, but no longer than 1 year. The legal bases that we rely on when processing the above-mentioned data are “pursuing our legitimate business interests” (i.e., to analyse, grow, and protect KLA) and “your consent”.
Contact with us
When you contact us by email or by using the contact form available on the Website, we collect yourname, email address, and any information that you decide to provide us in your message. We use your personal data to respond to your enquiries and provide you with the requested information. The legal bases that we rely on when processing such personal data are “pursuing our legitimate business interests” (i.e., to grow and promote Bimi Boo) and “your consent” (for optional personal data that you decide, at your sole discretion, to provide us). We keep such data until you stop communicating with us.
When you subscribe for a newsletter through the form available on the Website or the Apps, we collect your email address. We use your email address to deliver you the requested newsletters. The legal basis that we rely on when processing your email address is “your consent”. We keep such data until you unsubscribe from our newsletter.
When you leave a comment under one of our blog posts available on the Website, we collect your name, website, and any information that you decide to provide us with in your comment. We use such information to feature your comment and ensure the security of the Website. The legal basis on which we rely is “pursuing our legitimate business interests” (i.e., to maintain, grow and promote Bimi Boo). We keep such data as long as your comment stays on the Website.
We do not collect or have access to any special categories of personal data (“sensitive data”) from you, unless you decide, at your own discretion, to provide such data to us. Sensitive data refers to your health, religious and political beliefs, racial origins, membership of a professional or trade association, or sexual orientation.
If you contact us, we may keep records of any questions, complaints, recommendations, or compliments made by you and the response. Where possible, we will de-identify your personal data (i.e., we will remove all personal data that is not necessary for keeping such records).
There are several types of cookies, namely, (i) persistent cookies, which remain valid until deleted by you, (ii) cookies that remain valid until their expiration date, and (iii) session cookies that are stored on a web browser and remain valid until the moment the browser is closed. Cookies may also be (i) first-party cookies (set by the original website itself) and (ii) third-party cookies (placed by third-party websites).
By agreeing to accept our use of non-essential cookies through a cookie consent banner, you are giving us and the third parties with which we partner permission to place, store, and access some or all the cookies described below on your device.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential technical cookies that are strictly necessary to ensure the correct functioning of Bimi Boo and provide the services requested by you;
- Preference cookies that allow us to save and preserve your preferences;
- Marketing cookies that allow us to create, implement, and examine our marketing campaigns. Such cookies allow us to reach the right customers, analyse the productivity of our marketing campaigns, and offer you personalised advertisement; and
- Statistics cookies that allow us to generate statistical reports about how you use Bimi Boo.
- Identifying the areas of Bimi Boo that you have visited;
- Personalising content that you see on Bimi Boo;
- Analysing your use of Bimi Boo;
- Re-marketing our products or services to you;
- Remembering your preferences, settings, and login details;
- Targeted advertising and serving ads relevant to your interests;
- Allowing you to post comments; and
- Allowing you to share content with social networks.
The table below provides an overview of cookies used by us, including their types, purposes, and expiration time.
We may also use a technology called web beacons to collect general information about your use of Bimi Boo and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails. Web beacons also help us to understand your behaviour.
Refusal to Provide Your Personal Data
If you do not provide us with enough personal data when requested, we may not be able to provide you with all our products and services. However, you can access and use some parts of Bimi Boo without giving us your personal data.
Sale of Personal Data and Successors
We do not sell your personal data to third parties and we do not intend to do so in the future.
Your Rights Under the GDPR and the CCPA
Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you have the following rights:
- Right of access: you can get a copy of your personal data that we store in our systems and a list of purposes for which your personal data is processed;
- Right to rectification: you can rectify inaccurate personal data that we hold about you;
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): you can ask us to erase your personal data from our systems;
- Right to restriction: you can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to data portability: you can ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and move that personal data to another processor;
- Right to object: you can ask us to stop processing your personal data;
- Right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw your consent, if you have provided one; or
- Right to complaint: you can submit your complaint regarding our processing of your personal data.
Complaints. If you would like to launch a complaint about the way in which we handle your personal data, we kindly ask you to contact us first and express your concerns. After you contact us, we will investigate your complaint and provide you with our response as soon as possible (no later than 30 days). If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Commercial Communications and Emails
When we communicate with you, we will use the email address you provided when you signed up for Bimi Boo. We will send you important informational and technical Bimi Boo-related notices to your email address. We may also send you emails with promotional information about Bimi Boo or offers from us or our affiliates if you have provided your prior consent to receive such commercial communication.
You can opt-out from receiving commercial communication at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our emails or by contacting us directly.
Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes. We may give your personal data to third-party service providers whom we hire to provide services on our behalf (our data processors). These third-party service providers include:
- Our hosting service provider Digital Ocean (https://www.digitalocean.com) located in the United States;
- Our newsletter service provider Mailchimp (https://mailchimp.com) located in the United States;
- Our analytics service provider Google Firebase (https://firebase.google.com) located in the United States;
- Our attribution model provider AppsFlyer (https://www.appsflyer.com) located in Israel; and
- Our independent contractors and consultants.
The disclosure of your personal data is limited to the situations when it is required for the following purposes:
- Ensuring the proper operation of Bimi Boo;
- Delivering you the requested services;
- Responding to your enquiries;
- Pursuing our legitimate interests;
- Enforcing our rights, preventing fraud, and security purposes;
- Carrying out our contractual obligations;
- Law enforcement purposes; or
- If you provide your prior consent to such a disclosure.
Your non-personal data may be disclosed to third parties for any purpose as it does not identify you as a natural person. For example, we may share it with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, for improving Bimi Boo, responding to lawful requests from public authorities or developing new products and services.
Legally Required Releases of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your personal data if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or governmental enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our terms and conditions; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties, including you and/or other users; or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of our company, users, employees, and affiliates.
Retaining and Destroying Your Personal Data
Protecting the Privacy Rights of Third Parties
If any postings you make on Bimi Boo contain information about third parties, you agree to make sure that you have permission to include that information. While we are not legally liable for the actions of our users, we will remove any postings about which we are notified, if such postings violate the privacy rights of others.
Do Not Track Settings
Some web browsers have settings that enable you to request that we do not track your movement within Bimi Boo. Bimi Boo does not obey such settings when transmitted to and detected by Bimi Boo. You can turn off tracking features and other security settings in your browser by referring to your browser’s user manual.
Links to Other Websites
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Our Security Policy
We have built Bimi Boo using industry-standard security measures and authentication tools to protect the security of your personal data. We and the third parties who provide services to us also maintain technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal data. Our security measures include secured networks, SSL protocol, strong passwords, limited access to your personal data by our staff, and anonymisation of personal data (when possible).
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee prevention of loss or misuse of your personal data or secure data transmission over the Internet because of its nature. We strongly urge you to protect any password you may have for Bimi Boo and not share it with anyone.
Transferring Personal Data from the EEA
The personal data that we collect from you may be stored, processed, and transferred among any countries in which we or our data processors operate. The European Union has not found the United States and some other countries to have an adequate level of protection of personal data under Article 45 of the GDPR. We rely on derogations for specific situations as defined in Article 49 of the GDPR. In case it is necessary to make a transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will make sure that the country in which the recipient third party is located guarantees an adequate level of protection for your personal data or we conclude an agreement with the respective third party that ensures such protection (e.g., a data processing agreement based pre-approved standard contractual clauses).