Data Controller’s Contact Information:
Bimi Boo Kids Learning Games for Toddlers FZ-LLC,
2220 EO 15, Building 12, Dubai Internet City,
The US Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requires us to inform parents or legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal data from children under the age of 13. COPPA also requires that we get consent from parents or legal guardians before we allow children under the age of 13 to use and interact with some sections, applications, and activities on Bimi Boo. We offer users a number of activities, some of which are directed at children under the age of 13, and other activities that are targeted for older users.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires us to inform parents or legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal data from children under the age of 16 in some member countries of the European Union. The GDPR also requires that we get consent from parents or legal guardians before we allow children to use and interact with some sections, applications, and activities on Bimi Boo.
Verifiable Parental Consent
Should we want to collect personal data from a child under the age of 13 in the US, COPPA requires that we first obtain a parent or legal guardian’s consent. In an email (or other approved method) sent to the parent or legal guardian we will describe what information we would like to collect, how we propose to use it, how the parent can offer and cancel consent. If we do not obtain consent from the parent within a reasonable timeframe, we will remove the child and parent information collected with the request.
Teacher Consent in Replace of a Parent
For school-based activities, school administrators and teachers are allowed under COPPA to act on behalf of the parents to give consent when collecting personal information from children. Teachers and school administrators should always inform parents when collecting personal information from children on their behalf.
Information We Collect From Children, How We Use It, and Parental Rights
Children can register with Bimi Boo to use our applications, software, online applications, view content, participate in contests, receive emails, and engage in other activities. By doing so we may collect information from children. When we collect personal information from a child, we will hold that information only as long as reasonably necessary to allow the child to continue to use and interact with Bimi Boo. As soon as child’s personal data is no more necessary, we will securely delete it from our systems.
During the registration process we may ask a child to give us information for security purposes, announcements, and notifications. This information includes child’s:
- Age (to validate the child’s age); and
- Email address; and
- Parent’s or legal guardian’s email address and other contact information (if relevant).
Children can choose whether to provide their information to us; however some of Bimi Boo features may not function without the required information.
To comply with COPPA requirements, on Bimi Boo where we ask for the age of a user who is under the age of 13 (US), we will ask for their parent, legal guardian, or teacher’s email address before we collect any personal data from a child under such an age. The same is valid if child’s consent is necessary and the child cannot provide valid consent under the GDPR. If you think that your child is involved in an activity that collects personal information and you or another parent or legal guardian has not received a request for consent to collect such information, please contact us using the contact information at the top of this page.
Automatic Information Collected and Persistent Identifiers
How We Use Collected Information
This information and data are primarily used for our own purposes in order to:
- Let members and children access and use features of Bimi Boo;
- Improve the features and usability of Bimi Boo;
- Let us analyse data to see how Bimi Boo is performing; and
- Send email notifications to users and children.
We will not share a child’s personal information with other individuals or companies except in limited situations, including the following:
- When other companies perform services for us, like customer support, email services, delivery services, call centers, data management services, help desk providers, law firms, payment processors, accountants and shopping cart providers; however, these companies are prohibited from using a child’s personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law;
- Disclosing a child’s personal information if required or permitted by law, for example, in response to a subpoena, law enforcement, court order, or public agency’s request;
- To protect the safety of a child; and
- To safeguard the security of our Platform and companies that provide services for us.
As a parent or legal guardian you have the following rights regarding your child’s use of Bimi Boo:
- To review the personal information we collected from your child;
- To revoke the consent to use or further collect your child’s personal information;
- To request that your child’s personal information be changed or deleted;
- To allow the collection and use of your child’s information, but not allow disclosure to third parties unless it is part of our service; and
- To send you a new notice and get your consent if we make changes to the collection, use, or disclosure practices to which you previously agreed.
Parents can exercise their rights shown directly above by contacting us using the contact information at the top of this page.